NCFIL Benefits Accelerators, Incubators, Investors + Equipment Manufacturers
February 3, 2021
When we recently considered how the NC Food Innovation Lab benefits Start-Ups and Mid- to Large-Companies, we focused on these entities’ specific challenges and how NCFIL facilitates the execution of novel ideas or provides a low-risk option for testing new products.
NCFIL also serves other client groups. Accelerators, incubators and investors can benefit from NCFIL’s capabilities as well as equipment manufacturers.
Serving Accelerators, Incubators, Investors
Due to megatrends redefining the Agricultural and Food Technology sector, these industries have caught the attention of investors, thus encouraging more innovative product launches. And the ideas for these product launches may just be bubbling up in accelerators and incubators across the state, the region or even globally.
NCFIL is well-positioned to support each of these entities in unique ways.
NCFIL Can Help: Support for Accelerators, Incubators, Investors
- Provides a location for A/I/I clients to demonstrate the value of an idea that can be commercially realized
- Assists A/I/I clients in getting to market quicker, enabling investors to see faster returns on their investments
- Offers training for A/I/I clients in important areas they may not be familiar with, like food science, food safety, and hygiene
- Educates A/I/I clients to the necessity of and processes involved with securing Intellectual Property protection
- Facilitates the practice of setting realistic values for companies in investors’ portfolios
- Helps to project and minimize capital expenditures in accelerators and incubators’ facilities
A Resource for Equipment Manufacturers
Considering NCFIL is 16,000 sq. ft. of cutting-edge R&D lab space, it’s also important to consider how NCFIL benefits equipment manufacturers.
First, if you are not familiar with the state-of-the-art equipment we have available, participate in our Interactive Video Floorplan. NCFIL Executive Director Dr. Bill Aimutis and other NCFIL team members walk viewers through the lab and describe the equipment available to users in different lab areas.
NCFIL encourages equipment manufacturers to think of the lab as a resource. Here’s how we can offer support.
NCFIL Can Help: Support for Equipment Manufacturers
- Provides a location for equipment manufacturers to trial new equipment designs or unit operations under a small manufacturing scale
- Allows equipment manufacturers to demonstrate to potential customers why they should purchase their equipment
- Assists equipment manufacturers with Intellectual Property protection
Work With NCFIL
Accelerators, incubators and investors seek to promote their clients’ success. NCFIL can help with that. Equipment manufacturers want to test new equipment or prove the promise of existing products. NCFIL can help with that, too.